So, my first season in the BRSCC Mazda MX-5 Championship. Never karted before, never raced competitively before. My pre-season experience consisted of:
- Learning to get round a track quickly in our Mazda Mk3 2.0 (BBR Super 200 conversion).
- Getting car control instruction at Milbrook Proving Ground.
- Drifting session with Learn2Drift.
- Spending a day under instruction in Brian Chandler‘s championship MX-5
- A couple of track days in my new championship care with AB Motorsport.
- Watching endless videos on YouTube!
Here’s a summary of my season performance. Started slowly, got quicker, and a consistent A race competitor by the end of the season.